Pursuit of excellence:
We strive for excellence, seeking to apply the highest standards to benefit our communities.
Creativity and independent thinking:
We welcome new ideas from our staff and students as well as from our alumni and our external partners. We support intellectual freedom, courage
and creativity. We encourage the pursuit of innovation and opportunities.
Honesty and accountability:
We act with integrity and professionalism and uphold the highest ethical standards. We are committed to transparency and accountability. our decisions ensure responsible stewardship of the institute’s resources, reputation and values.
We lead by example in all areas including our approaches to sustainability.
Mutual respect and diversity:
We promote diversity in the institute community — through our people, ideas and cultures. We create a vibrant, inclusive environment in which ideas flourish and future generations, regardless of background, are empowered. We respect our colleagues and work together for shared success.
Supporting our People:
We ensure the safety and well-being of our
people. We create an inclusive and supportive institute community in which achievements are celebrated and rewarded. our people have the opportunity to enrich their lives and pursue their goals
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
To promote the rural Cambodian students to have intellectual vision, moral responsibility, and self-development as well as the necessary skills to develop their community;
To fairly provide employment opportunities to the Cambodians who have less possibility in order to access themselves to be potentially competitive in the regional challenge in the ASEAN context.
To increase the productivity of the Cambodians through providing various major academic programs with tangible practice in the fields of work.
To promote education for all Cambodian lower-class students, genders, and people who are in different religious tendency in order to fight against poverty to live in a united community with sustainable development and peace.
To strengthen highly qualified resources in response to the needs of our government, private sectors and NGOs in the effort of our rural community development in the northeast part of Cambodia, which is considered as the natural tourist and agro-industry area.
VISION AND PHILOSOPHY
ASIAN INSTITUTE OF CAMBODIA (AIC) envisions a world at peace, where non-violent means are used to resolve conflicts beginning with individuals, societies, governments, and extending to the community of world leaders in the context of international relations.
1. We envision a world where those in government and in positions of authority exercise their duties responsibly with compassion to defend and protect the people they serve, especially the poor, elderly, destitute, needy women and children.
2. We believe that education is the key to fulfilling this vision; as people are well-educated, they are empowered to participate and contribute more fully in the life of society. Education is the foundation of individual’s character building. Only education could provide professional skills and mental, intellectual, spiritual, and wisdom development, which will in turn generate genuine peace and sustainable progress for a prosperous nation. It is in the context of this vision that the Royal Government of Cambodia accorded the highest priority to education and health care sectors through the implementation of its Rectangular Strategies in the last two mandates.
To this end, AIC strives to deliver quality education that is attainable by, and responsive to the needs of the people of Cambodia and that of the global community. We place special emphasis on quality research based education, studies of peace, conflict resolution, development, moral and ethical conducts as well as social responsibility.
AIC Commitments to Excellence is implemented through the five following commandments:
1. We are committed to valuing customers (students, parents, and others), and we will respect each person we serve as the most valuable member of society regardless of race, gender, age and social status;
2. We are committed to excellence in quality of our staff, and we will continue fostering personal and professional development of our staff to be knowledgeable, kind, courteous, helpful, honest, trustworthy and sincere with our customers, along with strong teamwork, good cooperation and high accountability;
3. We are committed to excellence in quality of our programs and service, and we will constantly improve our programs and deliver our service promptly, fairly and ethically with awareness of customers’ strength, ability, and needs;
4. We are committed to always treating everyone (internal or external customer) as we wanted to be treated;
5. We are committed to serving our customers to the best of our knowledge and ability with loving kindness in our heart and always with a smile on our face.
Building and developing entrepreneurship for the Cambodian society;
Improving the quality of life and building the capacity of the people of Cambodia and that of the region through the teaching of profession, high morality, ethics, social responsibility and wisdom;
Developing high-quality academic study and research;
Promoting international standards for higher education in business, management, economics, law and government, humanities, science, communication, tourism, and culture;
Facilitating training of professionals who wish to continue their technical and intellectual growth through advanced education and specialized fields of research and development;
Building a strong teaching profession capable of delivering quality education and forming new scholars, academicians, engineers, and scientists in order to enhance the quality of life in our society;
Fostering development, strengthening peace, cooperation, mutual understanding, and implementing peaceful means of conflicting resolutions on local, regional and global levels;
Fostering the spirit of loving kindness, compassion, high moral conduct and respect of human values; and
Building leadership for future generation